Category: HR, Dev. and Engagement
Published: May 1 2012 12:00AM
Office of Human Resources
April 25, 2012
To: The College Community
From: Sarah Miller Espinosa, Vice President of Human Resources, Development, andEmployee Engagement
Subject: Administrative Vacancy Associate Dean Student Development
Montgomery College (Maryland), Takoma Park/Silver Spring Campus, Student Development, has need for a full-time associate dean, #1111.
Work schedule is M - F, 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m., some evenings hours, occasional weekends. This is a 12-month administrative position.
Assignment begins July 1, 2012. The online application deadline is midnight, Monday, May 21, 2012
The salary range is $77,542 to $132,080 per year, with a salary generally falling within the first half of the range.
Associate Dean - Student Development Takoma Park/Silver Spring Campus
The associate dean will act for and represent the dean of student development as needed, help oversee daily operations, conduct faculty and staff evaluations, coordinate faculty and staff recruitment, mediate student academic or disciplinary issues, and manage the relevant academic area reviews and outcomes assessment processes. The associate dean will assist with developing and implementing unit objectives that support the mission of the campus and the College.
* Master's degree or higher in college student personnel administration, higher education, counseling, or other related field.
* At least three years of leadership experience related to student development or closely related to the administrative assignment.
* Counseling experience or as a director of a student service area.
* Computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Internet, and a student information system, preferably Banner)
* Excellent oral and written communication
* The ability to analyze and synthesize large amounts of information
* Budget management and strategic planning skills.
* Experience that demonstrates commitment, service and leadership in the student development area.
* Commitment to the community college mission and experience in providing quality programs and services for a diverse student population.
In order to be considered for the position, you must complete the following steps:
* Create the Montgomery College online employment profile.
* Please be sure you have applied to this position and complete your application
* You will be prompted to answer a questionnaire (assessment) in order to successfully apply to the job.
* Failure to complete the questionnaire will automatically result in your elimination from consideration for this position
* Attach a letter of interest to the application indicating how your experiences and skills meet the requirements for this position.
* Attach a current CV/Resume to the application.
* Incomplete applications, including unsigned (e-signature) applications, will not be considered.
* The online application deadline is midnight, Monday, May 21, 2012
As a condition of employment, the following are required, if hired:
* Completion of financial disclosure form with the Maryland State Ethics Commission.
* Participation in a retirement plan (State of Maryland Requirement).
* Receipt of official transcript for the highest degree earned.
* Receipt of three letters of professional reference.
Note: This recruitment effort can take 6-12 weeks from the application deadline date
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free workplace.
For disability related accommodations please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: email@example.com at least two weeks in advance.
Montgomery College is an academic institution that is committed to equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.
Please direct any questions about this search to: Ms. Maria Bedenbaugh, 240-567-7138 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1111_Assoc_Dean_Student Development - vacancy 042512.docx